WEDNESDAY CLUB - Tom Paxton - Last Thing on My Mind/Ramblin Boy
MIDWEEK CRISIS, has your Partner done the dirty, again? Come to WEDNESDAY CLUB we have Tom Paxton and he won't let you down.
![]() |
| A Mean, Moody Tom |
TOM PAXTON - The last Thing on my Mind
TOM PAXTON - Ramblin' Boy
Well, folk is in fashion and this is the real deal! Here are a couple of songs from Tom Paxton's brilliant first real album, 'Ramblin Boy' (1964). It is a bit of a shame, as in my book he never really hit these heights again, A bit similar to Tim Hardin's first couple of albums. These guys seemed to peek early for some reason, although Tom has had a very successful career in Folk circles.
Nevertheless, both these songs are staple Folk Club icons and are the originals, considering he is a contemporary of Dylan, they are very simple straight forward songs. The sadness expressed in LTOMM hurts me, even today. I just adore them both.
I was a bit worried about this post, as I was concerned that they may be a little 'old hat' for most of our 'Guests' but I will be delighted to be proved wrong. Go on prove me wrong!!
Get out your Aran sweaters, join hands round the camp fire, have a group hug and let us sing that chorus one more time!
I seem to be Ramblin' on a bit here and that really is the last............................................!
TOM PAXTON - Ramblin' Boy
TOM PAXTON - The Last Thing on my Mind
Click here for more Wednesday Club..


Comments