Thursday 16 February 2012

THURSDAY I'M IN LOVE - U2 Feat Johnny Cash - 'The Wanderer'

THURSDAY I'M IN LOVE....A CHANCE TO WALK THE LINE WITH SOME OF MY FAVOURITE TRACKS!



U2 feat Johnny Cash - 'The Wanderer' (1993)

This is probably one of my all time favourite songs from it's simple bassline, Johnny Cash's brilliant voice and narration, it just builds and builds to Bono's 'aah-woo's' at the end, it get's me everytime in what is also a fitting finale to the excellent Zooropa. Each time I hear it I just stop what I'm doing, the hairs stand up at the back of my neck and I just listen, captivated by the story of a lost soul trying to find his way/God with only the thought of a loved one to help him through. It's a bit of an emotional song for me as I was a little lost myself, it mirrored the sadness I felt at the time when I returned to live in the UK after 10 years in Saudi Arabia.

I'm just going for a walk love, be back for tea...
For Johnny Cash, The Wanderer can almost be perceived as autobiographical in nature, reflecting a man coming to terms with his history of drugs and alcohol, which makes it all the more poignant. Magnificent.


U2 feat Johnny Cash - 'The Wanderer'

Take a wander over to more of my favourite tracks....

Related Posts

THURSDAY I'M IN LOVE - U2 Feat Johnny Cash - 'The Wanderer'
4/ 5
Oleh

3 comments

comments
avatar
16 February 2012 at 09:08

Great song fron the second of two quick in succession great albums, U2 have never quite been the same since

Reply
avatar
sfw
16 February 2012 at 13:30

Great song, it was such a curve ball by U2 at the time... grown to love it like the man in black

Reply
avatar
20 February 2012 at 10:35

Also one of my fave songs. That album features heavily on the soundtrack to my life. Happy memories!

Reply