Wednesday 5 December 2012

R.I.P. - Dave Brubeck


Dave Brubeck - 'Take Five'

Legendary Jazz pianist Dave Brubeck has passed away today of heart failure aged 91 and as someone recently commented on a news forum, he can now take five, he deserves it. Despite not knowing quite as much as I'd like on Jazz, I have had to go for the iconic 'Take Five'. There's plethora of his classic recordings I could have chosen but if you like Jazz, hate Jazz or are indifferent to it everyone knew 'Take Five'. I certainly loved it, especially when I was growing up, from the Double Bass intro, the Sax melody, the magnificent drum break (about 3mins in on the video) and of course Dave Brubeck on the keys......A real masterclass.



Dave Brubeck R.I.P.


Related Posts

R.I.P. - Dave Brubeck
4/ 5
Oleh

2 comments

comments
avatar
6 December 2012 at 08:09

A very nice tribute and great version of the classic tune. R.I.P. Mr Brubeck.

Reply
avatar
6 December 2012 at 09:02

Well done FC you beat me too it and fitting tribute and as you say everyone knows Take 5....similar everybody knows a Van Morrison song....Brown eyed Girl!!!!

Reply