Wednesday 30 October 2013

Van Morrison - Little Village/The Lion This Time

Old Pa's Wednesday Club

Van Morrison in the 2000's

Big Ass

 

VAN MORRISON - Little Village (2003)

The real purpose of our Blog is music and if possible we relate a story or memory to that piece of music. This does get a little more difficult now we are in the hundreds of posts as one can run out of stories. Maybe I have a bit of advantage over my fellow Bloggers as I have a couple of more decades under my belt.

This week as I have the pleasure of Flycasual and family visiting for a few days, I will let the music do the talking. However, The Lion This Time by Van Morrison does reminds me when we were in Mexico for Shellhunter's Wedding. We had a day trip to Chichen Itza and I was listening to some music on the way back to the Hotel and that song came on.

This leads to when we were at the Airport to go home and  a girl passed and bent down, all across her, shall we say, ample butt was the word Cancun. Flycasual's wife Sophie quickly said very dryly, she could have all of Chichen Itza written there. What made it even more funny was it was not quite what we normally would have expect from our Sophie....I still laugh to-day.

Both these tracks are from Van's 2000s output. He can still hit the heights can our Van even if not quite as often as his golden days.
 

VAN MORRISON - The Lion This Time (2005)

Related Posts

Van Morrison - Little Village/The Lion This Time
4/ 5
Oleh

2 comments

comments
avatar
2 November 2013 at 11:48

A quick flick through Van's discography tells me that the last album I purchased was 'Back on Top' in 1999, so I'm a bit out of the loop! 'The Lion This Time' is particularly good.

Reply
avatar
15 November 2013 at 12:19

There's no denying his voice, I've grown to love it!
I remember this day vividly. I don't think I've ever felt so hot again! It was an amazing place, can't believe they don't let anyone go to the top of the pyramid anymore because some idiot graffitied on it! Thank god I went up it!

Reply