Saturday 11 January 2014

The Bravery - 'An Honest Mistake'

Saturday Night Jukebox.....
Everyone has a guilty pleasure

step on my blue silk pjs

 

 
 
 
You know how it is on your first night on holiday, its customary to have a few 'welcome' drinks in your resort. The was the case when London Scouser and I went to Dominican Republic with Old Pa and Old Ma. After the long flight with many drinks LS retired early to our room whilst we continued to sample the cocktails in the lobby.

After the bar was closing and we were all the worse for wear, we walked back to our apartment block. All the resort's blocks looked identical and I was adamant I knew which one was ours. The three of us walked up the stairs and I put my key card in and tried the handle. Nothing. I tried again and still nothing. Old pa had a go too and still no light came on. Old ma pushed us aside and said 'Right, let me try' probably thinking that we were too drunk and useless to manage the simple task of opening the door. In the meantime, Old Pa and I started to knock on the door shouting for LS to wake up, thinking he was comatose in a drunken stupor. At that point, the door opened and a visibly shaken man in blue silk pyjamas stood there. Needless to say we were horrified and extremely apologetic! Old Pa also promised to 'buy' him a drink obviously not remembering it was an all inclusive resort! The room we had been attempting to enter was the exactly the same position but one block before ours. The poor man and his wife were probably huddled in bed in fear that someone was trying to enter their room in the middle of the night! It must have taken real courage to open that door and I don't know who was more shocked, us or him! We couldn't stop laughing about it for the whole holiday and joked that the guy must have dressed especially in his silk PJs to confront us!



Yes, can I help you?
 
This debut track by The Bravery was in my Top 3 of 2005 and their self titled first album was full of great singles. Sadly I think the band have split up as they no longer have an official website as of 2012. Here's a fun fact: The lead singer Sam Endicott Co-wrote 3 songs for Shakira including 'She Wolf'. Awoooooooooo!


Have a listen to my guilty pleasures playlist or catch up on more SATURDAY NIGHT JUKEBOX posts!
 

Related Posts

The Bravery - 'An Honest Mistake'
4/ 5
Oleh

6 comments

comments
avatar
C
11 January 2014 at 11:15

I like this song too - the Bravery always seemed a bit out of their time (very 80's indie-synth-pop!)
Oops, that poor man in the hotel room - what a rude awakening... So funny how you clearly remember his blue silk pjs though!

Reply
avatar
12 January 2014 at 07:44

Ta C! It's funny what you remember even though we'd had a skin full!

Reply
avatar
13 January 2014 at 12:12

Such a tune and a hilarious story which always makes me laugh...it's so bad though. Poor guy, trying to impress his lady friend with silk PJ's, they were probably second timers. Shame about the Bravery, I don't get the relevance of the video to the title of the song though. It's like they asked a friend to borrow their warehouse to shoot the video and reluctantly agreeing. "Just don't touch a thing, we are going for the world record domino run". Oops, honest mistake.

Reply
avatar
sfw
14 January 2014 at 21:31

Very funny tale - though I would have been tamping!

Reply
avatar
15 January 2014 at 15:02

I was fast asleep when this happened, yet I'm sure I got the blame cos I indirectly caused the kerfuffle.
The Bravery had some top toons back in their hey-day, I really like this one.

Reply
avatar
17 January 2014 at 10:16

Oh how we laughed!! don't think we ever spotted him...would not have recognised him without his silk PJs..

Reply