Wednesday 9 July 2014

TWO FOR THE MONEY - Waylon Jennings

OLD PA'S CORNER

THE HEART OF DIXIE
Hey Virgil, quick come see !

 
WAYLON JENNINGS - The Southlands Bleeding

I was out walking the dogs the other day and for some unknown reason Waylon Jennings came in mind and I thought of a song I had not heard of for over 40 years. It was on an album about the Civil War. I just could not remember it's name. I searched for about 30mins and eventually found it. I am glad I made the effort. I bought the album at Woolworth's for 50 pence and it was called White Mansions. The track The Southlands Bleeding is just fabulous and showcases Waylon's voice at its very best.

During my search I found several other Civil War songs done by Waylon here below is a live take of A Rebel Soldier. Great stuff and there are plenty more.. 
 
WAYLON JENNINGS - Rebel Soldier

Related Posts

TWO FOR THE MONEY - Waylon Jennings
4/ 5
Oleh

6 comments

comments
avatar
14 July 2014 at 13:00

A Rebel Soldier is my favorite of the lot. The insistence that he is far from his country, even though the war was fought in The South...is a profound idea. Our families' loyalties were to their states which they viewed as their country (as, well, their state...it's why they're called states and not parishes or counties)...anyway, I love that one.

Reply
avatar
14 July 2014 at 13:56

Thanks Eric, very interesting, ...both are really great songs...I love songs about the Civil War...you can't beat the Night they Drove Old Dixie Down....or Atlantas Burning by Waggoners.

Reply
avatar
14 July 2014 at 20:16

I like his 'Dukes Of Hazzard' theme song !!!

Reply
avatar
14 July 2014 at 22:39

LS - But do you Like Southlands Bleding...it is bleeding brilliant!?

Reply
avatar
29 September 2014 at 10:05

Both brilliant tracks, particularily The Southland's Bleeding. "It's just Southern pride...", tragic....

Reply
avatar
29 September 2014 at 10:35

FC - thought you wouldlike that one...pretty sensaash!

Reply