Tuesday 26 August 2014

Conor Oberst - Double Life

TUESDAY BLUES

Do you like Singer/Songwriters/Alt-Country/Americana or Indie-Folk, or do you have a unhealthy affection to the sadness, if so you may have a case of the Tuesday Blues!


Conor Oberst - Double Life (2014)

When I first heard Bright Eyes (Conor Oberst) 2005 album "I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning" I believed I'd found another Dylan. A songwriter who mixed poetry, storytelling and into songs that touched the soul. I was hooked.  With every release I'd religiously purchase his albums and despite being often impressed, I'd be left wanting.  So this year I didn't buy it and instead I let it find me.  So last weekend I thought I'd give it a go and I've been listening to his latest Upside Down Mountain ever since.      

If you are a fan of Men with Beards, like the gentle stroking of a six-string, or just a miserable bugger, Subscribe to our Spotify playlist and read more Tuesday Blues here!  Do you have a musical memory? Send us the Submit a Guest Spot and we'll feature it!

Related Posts

Conor Oberst - Double Life
4/ 5
Oleh

1 comments:

comments
avatar
27 August 2014 at 11:11

I agree 'Wide awake' was excellent but he did not follow up in my ears. This just seems OK and I am not rushing to hear the new album.

Reply