Wednesday 6 August 2014

Jackson Browne - Sing My Songs To Me/ For Everyman

OLD PA'S WEDNESDAY CLUB

PLEASURE VOMIT!
To Enjoy! is to Vomit!

 
JACKSON BROWNE - Sing My Songs To Me/For Everyman

To Purr with Pleasure...the music sounds so good you almost feel sick 'Pleasure Vomit' I call it!

I just heard these two songs and it remided me how good Jackson Browne was and how much I just loved him back then and still do of course. When Sing My Song breaks at about 2:30 untill it breaks into For Everyman a minute later, is just pure 'Pleasure Vomit'. Listen for the the drum roll!. You have full permisssion to replay as many times as you wish. In my opinon, it is one of the highlights in rock music full stop!.

Now the big question is? do you have some 'Pleasure Vomit' moments....I will help you with some others I can think of, the ending of  Dylan's Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands from Blonde on Blonde or even the ending of Dire Straits live take on Alchemy of Tunnel Of Love.

They all leave me breathless and wiping my shirt!.

Related Posts

Jackson Browne - Sing My Songs To Me/ For Everyman
4/ 5
Oleh

4 comments

comments
avatar
6 August 2014 at 21:30

A few such moments spring to mind Old Pa, but I have to confess, I've never thought of them as pleasure vomits! I'd probably go for 'hairs on the back of the neck moments'. The end of 'Journey Through Dark Heat' where Bob sings 'Oh If I Could Just Find You Tonight...' is a good example.

Reply
avatar
9 August 2014 at 09:24

Bbbbllkuuurrrreggghhhhhjj. That was excellent. Incidentally there's a Ensete Maurelli (Abyssinian Banana) on the cover of the Everyman album. Bonus points for Jackson Browne.

Reply
avatar
9 August 2014 at 11:56

FC - Thanks for the info I have spent the last 30 years thinking it was a Ensete ventricosum....but you must be able to see where I am coming from?

Reply
avatar
9 August 2014 at 20:31

Jackson Browne....care to comment?

Reply