Saturday 11 October 2014

Bob Sinclar - 'Love Generation'

Musical Medicine.....like an oasis of a cold pint in the desert


Nah that's too much, I'll give you...



Bob - Sinclar - 'Love Generation'

I always joke to London Scouser that we can always find an Irish pub in any city we go to. We proved it in Tunisia when we went 8 years ago. Living up to his name, LS was adamant he wanted to watch the Liverpool match and he found a pub outside of our resort to watch it in. We arranged a taxi and we were under the assumption we had to haggle for everything in Tunisia so when we were told the price of our trip we tried to get it cheaper for fear of offending the driver. The taxi driver was quite menacing and after almost a shouting match we backed down and paid the price, a bit flustered and confused about our bartering skills. It was later we found out the taxis outside the hotel have set prices. We must have looked like idiots! In the taxi on the way to the pub, I pictured the headlines....Missing British couple!! I was relieved to get dropped off at our destination!

Are you talking to me?!

The pub was better than any run of the mill Irish pubs I've been to as it goes, we had a great burger and even free pop corn and raw fennel pieces with our drinks, a nice touch. The match was a non starter (surprise surprise!) but they played music videos on the big screen too which is where I heard this song. It was infectious with it's happy beat and whistlely bit. It almost put me in such a good mood not to worry about the taxi home, almost.

Need a pick me up? Listen/subscribe to a dose of TuneDr's Musical Medicine....or read some more here.


Related Posts

Bob Sinclar - 'Love Generation'
4/ 5
Oleh

4 comments

comments
avatar
Anonymous
11 October 2014 at 09:14

Never seen 'Taxi Driver'? They are psychotic the world over. Don't get me started about Irish theme pubs - you fall over them in Cardiff but try finding a Welsh one! Nice tune.

Reply
avatar
11 October 2014 at 14:57

I still have an old pay-as-you-go brick of a phone, which I rarely use and only spend a tenner to top-up a couple of times a year. A few weeks ago I texted a friend to wish him a happy birthday, we hadn't spoken for a while and a little text conversation ensued. After a few back & forths I asked where he was. 'O'Neills' came the reply. There's a branch about 5 miles from where he lives, so I thought nothing of it. It was only later in the text conversation that he let it slip that he was in O'Neills in Paphos...Cyprus! An expensive conversation for me!
I'm with SB, beware the crazy cabbie. I've sat behind a few.

Reply
avatar
11 October 2014 at 21:15

Having travelled like I have I am always wary of Taxi drivers...that reminds me of a great little story....the song is ok a bit throw away!

Reply
avatar
20 October 2014 at 10:19

Haha, I can imagine the pressure of having to haggle! I hate it. It's like a sport in some places and I'm about as adept at it as Liverpool's back four. Haggling in the market in Marrakech? They see me coming, I got a 'poof' (stop it) for what I thought was a good price for only to find it considerably cheaper elsewhere, swagger well and truly gone. Song is naff but under the right conditions, ie holiday, could be acceptable.

Reply