Saturday 31 January 2015

Demis Roussos - Forever And Ever

Saturday Night Jukebox....
Everyone's got a guilty pleasure


R.I.P Demis






Demis Roussos - 'Forever And Ever' (1976)

How very strange. I was thinking about doing this post for a while when I heard the news that the big hunk of love Demis Roussos passed away on 25th January this year at the pretty young age of 68. I think its kind of nice that he's been on my mind for a little while, so of course I have to show appreciation in the form of sharing this timeless 70's cheese fest, Forever And Ever.

I first heard about Demis from the fantastic cringey Mike Leigh comedy, Abigail's Party. This classic is very dear to my heart as I played the part of Beverly for my Drama GCSE and got a whopping A* for the performance. I have seen the stage play 3 times portrayed by different actors and I never get bored of it! "Do you think he's sexy Ange?"



The reason he popped into my head recently was that London Scouser and I decided to take our "Babymoon" in Rhodes in October. The last of those sorts of holidays where we are all alone in peace and quiet, I'm told. The only difference was no booze for me! Apart from the obvious Greek theme of the artist, I thought it appropriate as I would probably be dressing much like Demis in the coming months. Loose fitting kaftans or "moomoos" as I like to call them would be ideal maternity wear, although I am still yet to come across some of the wild paisley patterns sported by the man himself!


So I'd like to say Efharisto to Demis for this guilty pleasure!

Catch up with more tracks from my Saturday Night Jukebox posts here or playlist below, full of Guilty Pleasures, everyone's got one!




Related Posts

Demis Roussos - Forever And Ever
4/ 5
Oleh

5 comments

comments
avatar
31 January 2015 at 13:05

At about 28 minutes into Marc Riley's 6Music show on Tuesday evening, King Creosote performed a simply beautiful cover of 'Forever and Ever' in tribute to the great man. It was a truly emotional version and well worth checking out on the iPlayer.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
1 February 2015 at 12:04

You can't knock it. Well, you can but that's just silly. Will be posting another superb version by another fine artist as tribute to the Big Man soon as there's time.

Reply
avatar
C
1 February 2015 at 12:21

Lovely post - great clip from Abigail's Party too and it must have been a lot of fun playing the part of Beverly. Now you have the perfect excuse to wear some Demis kaftans I hope you manage to find one in a suitably eye-catching fabric!

Reply
avatar
1 February 2015 at 14:00

Great Post SH, some more from FC please??
Your Mum was a great fan of Aphrodites Child the group he was in before he became a solo star. Check out Rain and Tears ....brilliant!

Reply
avatar
10 February 2015 at 16:08

Bloody Hell. Can't fault the song can you really? As for Abigail's Party, it's just horrific. I'd love to see it again though. OPA!

Reply