Monday 1 June 2015

GUEST SPOT #71 - Marianne Faithfull - 'Is This What I Get For Loving You'

It's been a while but we have a Guest Spot from a recent close encounter with Marianne Faithfull, when previous contributor Dave met her whilst she was travelling on a flight to Paris. Don't forget you can still submit one yourself! Its as easy as clicking here now and we'll do the rest!





Marianne Faithfull - 'Is This What I Get For Loving You' (1967)

Today I met Marianne Faithful.
Daddy always used to say, 'Marianne was my favourite of the 60s girls. She was my pin-up'
I'd listen to the Marianne's Best Of tape with Mum and Dad on summer nights sharing wine in the back garden.
Years later when it was such a cruel world to be alone in, I'd console myself with Marianne's 'Is this what I get for loving you?' and Broken English.
Daddy heartbroken, said of her later albums 'what happened, she had the voice of angel.'
Today Marianne was beautiful, elegant, slightly venerable but a strong presence. Her aura was beautiful and inviting.
I had to speak to her and tell her she was wonderful. Her response was kind and her smile, wow. I couldn't wait to phone mother and tell her.
I wish Dad could had seen her smile in person for himself. He would have forgiven her for everything.
Thanks Marianne x

Related Posts

GUEST SPOT #71 - Marianne Faithfull - 'Is This What I Get For Loving You'
4/ 5
Oleh

4 comments

comments
avatar
Anonymous
1 June 2015 at 07:43

Great story but where's the song? I want to hear the song. OK, I'll go to YouTube!

Reply
avatar
1 June 2015 at 10:02

Sorry SB! A technical hitch which has now been rectified!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
1 June 2015 at 11:07

All good.:)

Reply
avatar
2 June 2015 at 11:19

Love it great memory and brought up to date...I of course have been a great fan ever since Come and Stay with Me...Broken English is her classic.

Reply