Sunday 24 April 2016

TRACKS OF THE WEEK 23/04/2016 - Jesse Mac Cormack, Teleman, Dreadsquad, Lush


TRACKS OF THE WEEK




Flycasual:-
Lush - 'Out of Control'


Since I've been feeling nostalgic of late, it would be rude for me not to post this absolute beauty of a track from 90's favs, Lush. The original 'shoegazers' are back with their first original material for almost 20 years and it's almost as if they've never been away. Having broken up back in 1998 following the unexpected death of their drummer, Chris Acland, they decided to reunite and record a new EP, Blind Spot, to coincide with a set of UK gigs. It's definitely great to hear Miki Berenyi's voice again, as lush as ever and a welcome return.

Sfw:-
Jesse Mac Cormack - After The Glow (2016)


I have been desperate to share this. It is one of my #trackoftheyear contenders and has recently taken extra significance as it reminds me of Purple Rain-era Prince. The Montreal producer/multi-instrumentalist has blown me away and I cannot get enough it.  

London Scouser:-
Teleman - 'Düsseldorf' (2016)



I was having my first relaxing Sunday morning in a while this week and decided to put on 'Sunday Brunch'. This track was one of the songs they use either side of the ad break. It was an instant hitter for me, with the 80's keyboard and vocals. I googled them thinking they might be a German band, but no, they're a London band who mostly used to be members of 'Pete And The Pirates' and who were biggish for about 4 minutes a few years back. Those in the know will be aware that 'Kraftwerk' hail from this certain German city.

Old Pa :-
Dreadsquad and Blackout JA - Innocent Persuasion

 

Here is a great track from their Album World Destruction released this year. However this track appears to be a few years old. But who cares it touches the spots. The first track on the album is a cover of Edwyn Collin's 'A Girl Like You' and is worth to search out and hear. If you like this and want to find out more about Dreadsquad and Blackout JA just give it a click.

Subscribe/listen to our Tracks of the Week. Click here.

Related Posts

TRACKS OF THE WEEK 23/04/2016 - Jesse Mac Cormack, Teleman, Dreadsquad, Lush
4/ 5
Oleh

4 comments

comments
avatar
sfw
24 April 2016 at 16:27

FC - this is bloody lush
LS - nice
OP - Tune!

Great lineup!

Reply
avatar
24 April 2016 at 22:21

FC - Can't believe it's been 20 years since 500 (Shake Baby Shake) & Single Girl... Good return, and could be the opening track on Shine 43... If only
SFW - Like the song... hate the video, it makes me not want to like him... totally agree with the Prince comparison
OP - Sorry, not for me... I lasted 29 seconds... maybe I'm not in the right mood

And the winner is... Prince... 'nuff said

Reply
avatar
26 April 2016 at 13:59

Sfw, despite not quite catching the Prince vibe, this is a fantastic track. My TOTW.

LS, very colourful, I can see many influences here Devo/Franz Ferdinand and now you mentioned it, I thought the set up was Kraftwerk like. Sehr Gut!

Old Pa, never mind LS, loved this.

Reply
avatar
2 May 2016 at 13:41

FC - pleasant enough
SFW - Like this, I think it will imorove with age
LS - this is pretty good, don't Kraftwerk come from Dusseldorf!!

Reply