Wednesday 23 November 2016

Cat Power - Paths of Victory

WEDNESDAY CLUB

ANDY MURRAY
ARISE SIR ANDY


 
CAT POWER - Paths of Victory

ANDY MURRAY

Ever since I saw Andy Murray play as a 17 year old I just knew he would win Grand Slams and be a top tennis player. You could just tell by his attitude, the sheer outrageous talent and his will just not to get beat. 

Unfortunately for Andy he was part of an era of some of the best players ever to play the game, all being there at the same time. Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novac Djokovic. All legends of the sport.

Andy persevered, he trained hard and after many set backs and 4 defeats in Grand Slam finals he eventually won a Grand Slam and has gone on to win 2 others, which included Wimbledon twice. He also won the Olympic title and retained it again this year.

Since I retired I probably have not missed any of his matches and usually always find away to stream a match not televised. I have a special Andy T-shirt I always wear for finals. It is getting pretty worn theses days.

I was give a 3 pack of good malts when I retied in 2009 and I said I would only drink them when Andy won a Grand Slam. Looks like another pack of 3 beckons.

I was in Thailand a few weeks ago and was watching Andy win a Tournament and the loser Roberto Bautista Agut said,  'I knew he would win, as I could see the fire in his eyes'.  Andy at this stage was homing in to becoming the number one tennis player on the planet for the first time..

I wrote below one night when I awoke and was thinking about that quote. I managed to finish it last Sunday. Andy is number 1 for the year, after a unbelievable win against Djokovic.

FIRE IN HIS EYES (To Andy Murray)
You can see the fire
the fire in his eyes
you can see the fire in his eyes

nothing is going to stop him now
he's going all the way
this time he's going to make it
this time he'll see it through

you can see the fire in his eyes

he's tasted bitter loss before
never has he crossed that line
he'll do it for the folks back home
they've suffered far too long for this

you can see the fire in his eyes

soon he will touch the sun
higher than he's ever been
he waited all his life for this
it's taken all his hopes and dreams
you can see the fire in his eyes

this time he will make it
this time he will make it through
you can see the fire
the fire in his eyes

you can see the fire in his eyes

this time he's going to make
this time he'll see it through
he's give everything he's got
everything and more

Andy Murray is number 1
he gave us all his heart
       

Related Posts

Cat Power - Paths of Victory
4/ 5
Oleh

1 comments:

comments
avatar
sfw
24 November 2016 at 09:17

Long live the King!

You are a bit of a fan - it's a good thing he's Scottish!

Reply