Tuesday 7 March 2017

J Tillman - Love No Less Worthy

TUESDAY BLUES

Do you like Singer/Songwriters/Alt-Country/Americana or Indie-Folk, or do you have a unhealthy affection to the sadness, if so you may have a case of the Tuesday Blues!


Bird of prey

J.Tillman - Love No Less Worthy (2010)


I remember hearing this in early 2011 and being blown away by J.Tillman.  After a little digging, I discovered that he was actually the Joshua Tillman who had been the drummer of the excellent Fleet Foxes and had released seven albums before Singing Ax, (the album that featured Love No Less Worthy).  The amazing thing about this album is that he did not do any promotion for it.  It was recorded in three days by Steve Albini, put on up on his record label's webpage and didn't even have a UK release.  Without sounding too much like a cock, this album became a "where have I been" moment for me.  My late 20s and 30s had become lost in a haze of work and I'd forgotten how important music was to me.  It was a bit of a catalyst for this blog-ting, as I no longer wanted to be 'out of the loop'.  That was then and this is now.

Despite him now being known as Father John Misty his early material is excellent and should be given a good going over.  Do it! Do it!   


By Sfw

Related Posts

J Tillman - Love No Less Worthy
4/ 5
Oleh

1 comments:

comments
avatar
7 March 2017 at 09:22

We got the 'Long May You Run, J. Tillman' CDr from his website in 2005 and saw him supporting (and playing with) Fleet Foxes in 2008. By the time we saw him again as Father John Misty in 2012 the transformation was complete. A great artist. What I've heard from the new album sounds excellent.

Reply