Sunday 12 March 2017

TRACKS OF THE WEEK 12-03-2017 - Quiet Life, Krakow Loves Adana, Lambchop, Nite-Funk

Tracks of the Week

Instagram @alanreesb


London Scouser:-
Quiet Life - 'Live Wire' - (2016)



Another week, another new band to me. This is the opening track from the album 'Foggy' and it sounds a bit Jose Gonzalez to me, which can't be a bad thing. The rest of the album has some real country numbers, which I didn't expect to enjoy, but I was tapping and singing along like a goodun' in my car. The video for this is a bit arty, with a lady dancing around contemporary style which on paper shouldn't work, but does.


Sfw:-
Kraków Loves Adana - Never Quite Right (2017)


Dark and Moody like a Galaxy chocolate advert, this track has me staring at the floor like my fifteen year old self. (Moody, grumpy and eating chocolate). Kraków Loves Adana are a Hamburg based indie band started by Deniz Cicek and Robert Heitmann.  This haunting and atmospheric track ticks all the buttons and for Horror movie buffs features footage from the classic "Carnival of Souls". Loop-tastic. Ooooh.

Flycasual:-
Nite-Funk - 'Let Me Be Me' (2016)


Last week BBC6 Music had 1994 day, showcasing some really important bands, artists and songs that perhaps defined an era. I initially poo pooed the idea, yes those were some good days but don't look back in anger, move on, there are some great bands and music around at the moment. My wife told me not to be such a snob and reminded me that people, including myself, take comfort from nostalgia as you relive your formative years through the music that made you who you are. She's of course right, so stuffed with humble pie, I made a playlist of all the heavyweight Hip Hop at that time and thoroughly enjoyed it. Which eventually brings me to last summer's, neon splashed, 'Let Me Be Me'. For me it is a pure slice of 1984 nostalgia, taking me back to a much simpler happy time. Being 10 and listening to the likes of Lisa Lisa and the Cult Jam before I indeed started listening to the Cult and the Jam. LA's Nite-Funk is a collaboration between songwriters and producers DAM Funk and Nite Jewel, 'Let Me Be Me' is taken from the EP, Nite-Funk. 

Old Pa:-
Lambchop - When You Were You Were Mine (2017)


I'm a great Lambchop fan and Kurt can do nothing wrong in my ears. Saying that this took a couple of listens to get through, the distorted lyrics get a bit of getting used to but it works once you get used to it. This is the old Prince song and it give a whole new vision to the song. It just gets better and better with each hearing could be my track of the year so far. 


Subscribe/listen to our Tracks of the Week. Click here.

Related Posts

TRACKS OF THE WEEK 12-03-2017 - Quiet Life, Krakow Loves Adana, Lambchop, Nite-Funk
4/ 5
Oleh