Tuesday 1 May 2018

TRACKS OF THE WEEK 01-05-2018 - Graham Coxon, Christof van der Ven, FACS,

Tracks Of The Week

 

London Scouser:-

Graham Coxon - 'Bus Stop' (2018)


I have to say, I really like Graham Coxon's solo stuff although it's not everyone's cup of tea. This track is so good I can't stop listening to it, starting (obviously) with a brilliant 2 minute intro, it's fo' sho going to be in my #tracksoftheyear. It's from his latest offering 'The End Of The Fucking World' which is a soundtrack to the Channel 4 TV show that's now on Netflix. I haven't yet seen it, but I'm sure I'll give it a try, if only to hear more of the genius Mr Coxon.


SFW:-
Christof van der Ven - Empty Handed (2018)



‘Empty Handed’ is the title track of Christof van der Ven's debut album.  The Dutch Singer-songwriter (and Bear’s Den touring member) released this back in April and is the "the culmination of years of hard-touring, writing and recording".

He is essentially a musicians musician. Friends, admirers, acquaintances, and famous fans include, Bears Den, Sivu, Luke Sital-Singh, The Staves and Willy Mason (to name a few).

If he's good enough for them....he's good enough for me.

Old Pa:-
Facs - Primary (2018)


 
I have not heard of  Facs  before but I like their dark sound. I just wonder if  Facs  is taken from Factory the label of Joy Division and A Certain Ration. This does sound like a merger of both bands. I'm probably way out there. But this is worth a shot. 





Related Posts

TRACKS OF THE WEEK 01-05-2018 - Graham Coxon, Christof van der Ven, FACS,
4/ 5
Oleh