OLD PA'S WEDNESDAY CLUB
IS A.A. FOR YOU.?
|There must be some way out of here!|
JIMI HENDRIX - All ALONG THE WATCHTOWER (Live 1970)
It was Saturday morning in the early 1970s I sat on the couch, it was nearing mid-day. I felt like death, my head was throbbing, I felt ill, but what the heck it was a great night.
There was a knock at the door, I did not feel like answering it, I did not want to talk to anyone. It was an old man with a stick, with an old woman, they must have been in their eighties.
Would you like to buy our Magazine sir!
Oh No! it was the Mormons, that is all I needed. I had not the will to argue and did not want to offend such nice old folk so I paid for the Mag.
I sat down again and picked it up, the front page said, Are you an alcoholic, see inside and find out. If you answered yes to four or more questions, then you are an Alcoholic. The questions were similar to below.
Answer YES or NO to the following questions.
1. Have you ever decided to stop drinking for a week or so, but only lasted for a couple of days?
2. Do you wish people would mind their own business about your drinking-- stop telling you what to do?
3. Have you ever switched from one kind of drink to another in the hope that this would keep you from getting drunk?
4. Have you had to have an eye-opener upon awakening during the past year?
5. Do you envy people who can drink without getting into trouble?
6. Have you had problems connected with drinking during the past year?
7. Has your drinking caused trouble at home?
8. Do you ever try to get "extra" drinks at a party because you do not get enough?
9. Do you tell yourself you can stop drinking any time you want to, even though you keep getting drunk when you don't mean to?
10. Have you missed days of work or school because of drinking?
11. Do you have "blackouts"?
12. Have you ever felt that your life would be better if you did not drink?
Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower (Live )
4/ 5Oleh Old Pa's Corner