Saturday 2 July 2011

GUEST SPOT # 3 - Degrees in Motion - 'Shine On'



Degrees in Motion - 'Shine On' (1992)

The guest spot this week is from the lovely Sophie:-

Shiny Happy People!


1992, I was at Sheffield University, having the time of my life. The dance scene was in full swing and so I found myself at Love to Be at The Jam Factory on the London Road, in later years at Rise at The Leadmill and an all night shindig with Pete Tong at Renaissance on an industrial estate in Mansfield. We queued in typical freezing Yorkshire temperatures to get in but it was so worth it and we had a bottle of MD 20/20 to keep us warm! Bare chests (the boys not the girls), the scent of Vicks in the air and lots of very happy, dancing people…




This one’s for my friend Chrissie who I always think of when I hear this song.

Press play, close my eyes and I’m 19 again….Shine ON!!!!

Related Posts

GUEST SPOT # 3 - Degrees in Motion - 'Shine On'
4/ 5
Oleh

3 comments

comments
avatar
2 July 2011 at 23:35

Like it....have not heard it before...very Michele Friendly

Reply
avatar
11 July 2011 at 19:39

Definitely Michele-friendly! Plenty more where that came from...

Reply
avatar
19 July 2011 at 12:37

Who said the 90's was the forgotten music era?! A guaranteed floor filler for sure!

Reply