Saturday 9 July 2011

GUEST SPOT # 4 - The Beatles - 'Here Comes the Sun'

The Beatles: Here Comes the Sun

This weeks guest spot is the from Squirrel

I was watching the film "Bees" with my boy and heard this classic track which instantly took me back to when I first heard it - In the summer in early 90s, I was in a tent, in a field at 4 o'clock in the morning and a DJ puts this track on, mixed with a bassline from some other track I don't remember. You guessed it, the sun was just coming up. That moment has never left me and everytime I here it now, I am back in that field smiling contently, at how, at that moment there is a soundtrack to my very life. This urged me to check out the Beatles a little more closely! Mr Harrison RIP!

Related Posts

GUEST SPOT # 4 - The Beatles - 'Here Comes the Sun'
4/ 5
Oleh

3 comments

comments
avatar
9 July 2011 at 10:01

This was first song I ever heard with proper ear phones...I was in a different world....check out the version by Richie Havens

Reply
avatar
9 July 2011 at 11:51

Great track squirrel and nice sentiment to the post.

Reply
avatar
sfw
10 July 2011 at 00:20

Fantastiche track bro! George was a legend! And what a video, Jeff Lynne, Ringo & Phil Collins all comparing Mullets! Although I've never understood the 'double drummer' thing?

Reply