Friday 26 August 2011

ACDC - 'Back in Black'

GGRRRRR! Give Me a Guitar!







ACDC - 'Back in Black' (1980)

Everyone needs a bit of 'Cock Rock' at some point in their lives, if only to get a 'riffage' fix. There's probably none better than this testosterone fuelled classic from ACDC, it's pure, no nonsense, sweaty Rock n Roll! I first came across the riff through an old skool Beastie Boys track called 'Rock Hard', it was years later that I discovered the Aussie rockers original.

Who's a naughty boy then?

This song reminds me fondly of an uncomfortable incident that my wife found herself in whilst on holiday in Vietnam. We were in search of some refreshment and we came across a place called the DMZ Bar, I thought it a bit inappropriate to treat the war like a theme park but F*@$ it, the music was good and the beer was cold. 'Back in Black' welcomed us in as we settled down with our drinks. We befriended a cute little puppy that was doing the rounds with all the revellers, managing to bag a pat at each table. However it seemed to be very attached to my wife's flip flops trying to bite chunks out of them but the more my wife resisted, the more determined it became. Eventually moving its interest to her leg, which it started manically humping with all of its youthful vigour, much to my delight and my wife's (frantically trying to remove it) dismay. Needless to say I was on the Highway to Hell that night!

Interestingly, ACDC have recently released a range of wines for us to fill our goblets of Rock!!





Beastie Boys - 'Rock Hard'

by Flycasual

Related Posts

ACDC - 'Back in Black'
4/ 5
Oleh

7 comments

comments
avatar
P*star
26 August 2011 at 18:14

Ah yeah, 'Old Pa' summed it up in 3 words!

Reply
avatar
26 August 2011 at 19:30

Thats story is so damned funny! I love the riff in Back In Black but it goes so much better with the Beasties adolescent rapping!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
26 August 2011 at 20:35

Stupendous riff! AC/DC are so great they transcend the genre barrier. Certainly one of the all time great hard rock songs.

Reply
avatar
sfw
26 August 2011 at 20:37

This makes me want to drive an american muscle car, grow a mullet, and drink beer... a good look!

Reply
avatar
26 August 2011 at 20:55

hmmm...strangely I didn't remember this song was playing at the time because A DOG WAS HUMPING MY LEG!! It right put me off my Mojito...happy memories though.

Reply
avatar
sfw
30 August 2011 at 21:13

Must admit I've always found ACDC a bit unnerving - why do you dress like a schoolboy? - It's wrong on all levels

Reply