Tuesday 15 November 2011

TUESDAY BLUES! Josh Rouse - My love has gone

Josh Rouse - My love has gone (2005)

It's Tuesday, you're late for work, you've just stood in a puddle and it feels like it's going to be a long week, it's time for some music to match your mood.....

Josh Rouse - My Love has gone

It's strange how some artists manage to keep on releasing quality music but remain relatively unknown to the masses.  Josh Rouse must fall within this category.  He's released over 9 albums, all of which have been critically acclaimed, and numerous demo's and live recordings, but if you ask anyone to name a hit, you'll probably hear "Josh who?"
"...Josh who?.."

This track was on a free CD and it got me hooked within the first 10 seconds with the 'sad' harmonica. But rather than 5 minutes of doom and gloom, it is melancholy with a 'happy ending'.  I was feeling a bit sorry for myself at the time and this picked me up - I'd compare the song to a friend who'll take you out for a few beers and tell you to "stop moping around and sort yourself out!!!" - it was exactly what I needed.  It actually features on the album "Nashville" which was a farewell to his marriage and the city of Nashville where he soon left to move to Spain.

Follow up albums "Subtitulo", "Country Mouse, City House", "El Turisto" and his most recent "Josh Rouse & The Long Vacations" all capture this great singer-songwriter and if you haven't heard any of his material you should try the Noisetrade sampler - it's free!

And if you're still feeling down and want more to feed the pain, try more Tuesday Blues or checkout other Josh Rouse posts here!

Related Posts

TUESDAY BLUES! Josh Rouse - My love has gone
4/ 5
Oleh

4 comments

comments
avatar
15 November 2011 at 12:29

I agree with your sentiment sfw, there is hope in this song, and its a nice little pick me up. Best heard in a sunny veranda in Spain though!

Reply
avatar
15 November 2011 at 12:48

Good one, 'Nasville, to be revisited immediatly

Reply
avatar
sfw
15 November 2011 at 12:53

Nashville is perfect - however Josh Rouse & The Long Vacations must sound good in Spain? (Start to finish!)

Reply
avatar
19 November 2011 at 13:05

Ah, "Josh Boy!" Hearing him always reminds me of a memorable evening on the Cowley Road ...great kebab too!

Reply