Tuesday 22 November 2011

TUESDAY BLUES! J.Tillman - Earthly Bodies


J.Tillman - Earthly Bodies

The argument over free mp3's online is a debate that I don't really want to get into, but I have to admit, without them there are 100's of artists that I would never have had my eyes, or should that be ears, opened to.

One of such artist's is J.Tillman.  I downloaded this in 2009 and it fairly quickly became one of my tracks of the year (it features on the album 'Year in the Kingdom'). This multi-instrumental-singer-songwriter whispers intimately through his ballads in a way that Nick Drake fans should be keen to try.  I quickly discovered that he'd previously released over 6 albums (plus 'Singing As' in 2010)  but what I didn't realise was, J (Joshua) Tillman has been the Fleet Foxes drummer since 2008! Maybe the beard was a give-away, but where had I been?

"...beard for hire..."

Download it for free from the fantastic Western Vinyl record label here (right-click - Save As)

Try more Tuesday Blues here....because Saturday is so far away!

Related Posts

TUESDAY BLUES! J.Tillman - Earthly Bodies
4/ 5
Oleh

3 comments

comments
avatar
25 November 2011 at 10:07

Beautiful track, these Foxes eh!

Reply
avatar
29 November 2011 at 11:18

Very nice! Perfect for those quiet times. I love all the little clicks and tinkles, it must be the drummer in him!

Reply
avatar
19 December 2011 at 17:02

I finally get round to listening to this track. Love it, short and sweet with a lovely piano hook. The timpani drum (?) at the end is a nice touch.

Reply