Saturday 10 December 2011

SATURDAY NIGHT JUKEBOX! - Enur Ft. Natasja - Calabria





Enur Ft. Natasja - 'Calabria' (2007)

I love the sax in this song and of course the "woop woop"! If ever I want to reach for the box of Christmas mince pies taunting me from the kitchen, all I need to do is take a look at the video with Natasja Saad (R.I.P) and those sexy chicas dancing. Think of yourself in that bikini for your next holiday! What more motivation do you need!? Those of you that aren't familiar with Enur's version of Calabria, you will probably remember 'Destination Calabria' by Alex Gaudino featuring Crystal Waters. Not a touch on this one though is it!?

Easy now, no need fi go for those mince pies

It brings me straight back into the swim up bar in Dominican Republic. All inclusive is so dangerous. Would I really be having 6 margaritas before 11 am if I had to pay for them? Hmmm probably. You know how it is, you start off sensibly: healthy breakfast of an omelet with exotic fruit, followed by a brisk early morning stroll along the beach and no drinks until at least 12pm. By the end of the 2 weeks, you're having a full English everyday with a handfull of chips on the way back to your table and getting lashed by 11:30am! Okay maybe not all of you. I think it was our second or third day and we were still finding our feet. How about a cheeky prelunch cocktail? One became two etc, then we ended up getting "involved" with other holiday makers which we would never speak to in the real world. Lunch was quickly forgotten and it didn't take long until we were well and truly oiled. Next thing I remember is, waking up in our hotel room at 11.30pm. What the hell?! What time is it...what day is it?! What happened? All I knew was that we were starving so we decided to take a walk up to the only place still doing food, careful not to bump into anyone who looked vaguely familiar. There was a little burger joint in the middle of a small Dominican style village within the complex which also happened to be next to the night club. It was absolutely buzzing so we popped in afterwards to check it out and I thought it would be rude not to have a drink. Well talk about revival! After the first sip, I was as fresh as a daisy (probably looked a state, but it was dark anyway)! The music was your average pop/R&B and I didn't even recognise a song until Calabria came on. The dance floor exploaded with punters and staff alike all doing the meringue and doing it well. I couldn't resist a bit of feet shuffling myself, it was contagious. Totally brilliant to watch and made it the all inclusive holiday song for me from then on!

Fashion is so.....(insert word here)


Click here for unlimited free drinks.....okay maybe not, how about more Saturday Night Jukebox bum jigglers!

Related Posts

SATURDAY NIGHT JUKEBOX! - Enur Ft. Natasja - Calabria
4/ 5
Oleh

6 comments

comments
avatar
10 December 2011 at 19:44

Woop Woop!! Good to see you're keeping the British flag flying! Great tune, even better video!! Where was this song on my Christmas do a few days ago...I would definitely have been 'booty bouncin' to it!!

Reply
avatar
sfw
10 December 2011 at 20:14

All the ingredients for a show stopping christmas

Reply
avatar
10 December 2011 at 21:58

I like that song. Good beat and really catchy. I hadn't seen the video before and it looked like the sort that wouldn't get much AirPlay before 9pm !!! Thanks

Reply
avatar
11 December 2011 at 10:09

A corker..MF big time...we will have to compile a SNJ compilation for MF. When you mentioned Dom Republic and pool Bar, a chill run thru me, enough said

Reply
avatar
11 December 2011 at 11:39

The vid is definitely one for the boys! And yes, it was a bit of a Brits holiday in the end, oh dear!
Does anyone know the true original where the sax was sampled from?

Reply
avatar
Biltong man
16 December 2011 at 21:50

Loving it...sax sells it :-)

Reply