Thursday 26 January 2012

DYLAN COVERS #33 Jeff Buckley - Mama You been on my mind/Just Like a Woman x 2



JEFF BUCKLEY - Mama You been on my mind

Grace is one of my favourite albums and to have JB sing Dylan is an absolute joy.  I recently got hold of the album  'Born again from the Rhythm - The Grace Outtakes' and it includes 3 Dylan covers, 'If you see her say Hello', 'Just like a Woman' x2 and 'Mama you been on my mind' x3.  Along with 'Mama' above I have included the 2 'Just like a Woman' takes which are of course different from his live take of JLAW on 'Live at  Sin-E'. which contains 2 other Dylan covers in addition to JLAW. ( did you get that?)

What a tragedy JB was taken from us so early in his career. But we should be thankful for the legacy he left behind  and these tracks just add to the myth. What could have been? - but Jeff you been on my mind!

JEFF BUCKLEY - Just like a Woman
JEFF BUCKLEY - Just like a Woman(Alternate Take)

More Dylan Covers

Related Posts

DYLAN COVERS #33 Jeff Buckley - Mama You been on my mind/Just Like a Woman x 2
4/ 5
Oleh

2 comments

comments
avatar
sfw
27 January 2012 at 09:04

fantastic versions by an amazing talent

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
27 January 2012 at 09:10

A truly tragic loss to the world. Jeff would undoubtedly have been a big star and deservedly so. Maybe even better than his dad, I suspect.

All lovely versions by a man who knew how to put his own stamp on a song. Thanks for passing the out-takes on.

SB

Reply