Tuesday 31 January 2012

TUESDAY BLUES!!! Bombay Bicycle Club - Rinse Me Down

Bombay Bicycle Club - Rinse Me Down (Flaws)




I was recently checking my 'most played' list and was surprised to see that "Rinse Me Down" (from their album Flaws) was one of my most played songs. I once heard Zane Lowe saying that they could be as big as Coldplay and you know what, I think he could be right.  I didn't get into them first time round and only ended up buying there debut "I Had The Blues but I shook them loose." in early 2011.

They could have easily followed up their debut with something similar but ended up making their second album 'Flaws' completely acoustic - and for that, you've got to tip your cap and give them a nod of appreciation.  But then you don't need me to tell you how good they are, Mr Lowe is doing that!

If you haven't given them the attention they deserve - do it - you may be pleasantly surprised!

Related Posts

TUESDAY BLUES!!! Bombay Bicycle Club - Rinse Me Down
4/ 5
Oleh

3 comments

comments
avatar
1 February 2012 at 09:32

Good choice. I played their first album over and over and I'm still not sick of it yet. I liked Flaws as well but it took longer for me to get into it, maybe cos I was expecting it to be more like I Had The Blues. Definitely a band to be reckoned with.

Reply
avatar
2 February 2012 at 11:16

3 albums in, all in their early 20's, the warning signs are there that these boys are going to be/are major players. I have the three albums and they have not disappointed, even the acoustic Flaws, is great. Totally different direction from the first but it shows the bands talent and confidence!

Reply
avatar
sfw
2 February 2012 at 11:21

#ItsAllAboutTheConfidence

Reply