Saturday 31 March 2012

SATURDAY NIGHT JUKEBOX! - Lipps Inc - Funkytown




Lipps Inc - 'Funkytown' (1980)

A great bit of Disco sound from my era, the 80's! I love the changes throughout the song, it gives you a few different songs for the price of one! The dancing in the video is a bit like mum and dad dancing at parties in the 80's as well. Watch you don't hit your mates in the face with those beads girl!

Invisible walking sticks, the new craze


When my husband (London Scouser) and I decided to get married Mexico, the amazing hotel we chose had it's own massive nightclub. We went there a few times for a laugh but it was always full of teenagers, sneakily downing cocktails and getting down to the R'N'B tunes. The DJ would occasionally indulge us with a bit of MJ or Kacey and the Sunshine Band. During the course of the evening there was one particular teenage guy who was wasted and in everyone's face, dancing everywhere and generally getting on everyone's nerves. Lipps Inc came on and this guy stepped it up a gear, the people on the dance floor all moved to the sides as the spectacle unfolded. My new husband, fueled with many a Margarita, said to me enough was enough. Not knowing what he was going to do, I stood back and watched. I thought he was going to have a word, but instead he strutted onto the dance floor and preceded to have a dance battle with this guy to this song! All I remember was the teenager was on his back at one point, my husband was skipping the area of the dance floor clapping, getting the crowd going and they both ended up with their shirts off. Needless to say experience prevailed over youth that time! Totally hilarious and he got a good few back slaps after that.



Time for a battle y'all, click for more Saturday Night Jukebox!



Related Posts

SATURDAY NIGHT JUKEBOX! - Lipps Inc - Funkytown
4/ 5
Oleh

2 comments

comments
avatar
1 April 2012 at 21:55

Miss black Minnesota 1976 eh? I had this on a tape when I was 10 called ET Disco so naturally I like it, especially the strings and the ultra futuristic robotic vocals! I would have gladly trodden on a large dog poo barefooted to witness such a spectacle!

Reply
avatar
3 April 2012 at 10:34

Never mind the back slaps did he get some free liquid revivers....of its type, you can't beat this one.

Reply