Thursday 26 April 2012

THURSDAY I'M IN LOVE - Fiction Factory - 'Feels Like Heaven'

Flycasual has kindly given me the chance to share one of MY favourites today, it's not an old favourite, but a new favourite that's an old song. Make sense?



Fiction Factory - 'Feels Like Heaven' (1983)

I didn't know this song until 2010. After the launch of Absolute 80's, I was obsessed with having it on in the office constantly. Why had no one thought of it before?! Being a child of the 80's, I can't get enough of singing along to all my old cheesy favourites. But there was one song that kept coming on that I'd never heard, it totally gave me goosebumps and if it was a quiet moment in the mayhem of the morning, it aided my contemplation. I immediately sought it out and added it to my latest compilation CD. I don't know why it did it for me so much but it really became my favourite song for a while.


Oh the 80's...


Whenever I hear it now, it'll always remind me of a great day spent in one of my favourite places in the world...Brighton. My husband (London Scouser) and I often check the listings of bands that are playing in Brighton and noticed that one of our favourite groups The Bluetones (check a post here) were playing in an intimate venue on the seafront. We booked to stay in the Premier Inn, in the city centre and it really felt like arriving on the first day of a holiday, despite the fact it was only a fleeting visit. We checked in and quickly dumped our stuff. I was so excited, I suggested we have a quick first drink in the hotel bar to give us time to plan our movements. As I sat down with my first glass of wine, 'Feels Like Heaven' started playing. I don't know if anyone else thinks this, but on occasion I feel like a certain song playing at a certain time is played for me. By whom, I've got no idea, but it seems like too much of a coincidence when anything could have played! I shrieked and said to London Scouser "Its a sign!" A sign of what I also have no idea! Needless to say, I was accelerated into a blinder of a mood, singing this song whilst walking through The Lanes, into each little pub we discovered. It was really a great time, drinks, favourite restaurant then a great gig. Felt like Heaven...

My idea of Heaven


More from me? Check out my Saturday Night Jukebox!
Or more from Thursday I'm In Love here...

Related Posts

THURSDAY I'M IN LOVE - Fiction Factory - 'Feels Like Heaven'
4/ 5
Oleh

2 comments

comments
avatar
29 April 2012 at 08:50

Great Post,OH! Brighton! like you not familiar with this song. But it has that unmistakenly 80's vibe. Will be included in 'My all time Greats file'

Reply
avatar
5 May 2012 at 08:38

Nice vibe created here! Top tune too. Brighton's great, I've got some good memories there too. That's funny, I do feel like at a certain time 'someone' (who) plays a song at exactly the right time. Two occasions, at work just the other day I was battling against the clock to get a flight out on time. A popped into the office and Rock cheesefest Then Final Countdown came out adding to my stress. And on my wedding day, I was off to have a wet shave when I heard 'Eye of the Tiger'. No joke, it helped me focus!

Reply