Saturday 19 May 2012

GUEST SPOT # 43 - The Clash - 'Bankrobber'


IT'S SATURDAY AND THAT MEANS IT'S GUEST SPOT DAY! IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO FEATURE ON A GUEST SPOT AND TALK ABOUT A MUSICAL MEMORY THEN LET US KNOW, WE NEVER HURT NOBODY..




The Clash - Bankrobber (1980)

This week's guest spot is my builder Dave Green. Dave is a Hull  (Hull is pronounced Hawl) boy, through and through and even supports Hull City F.C. (I did not even know there was such a football team). He also has a Jack Russell called Bully. His Wife is called Kath.

If you ever want anything done in your house and I mean anything, Dave is your man. Although a plumber by trade, Dave can turn his hand to anything and will do it quick and well. Have you ever had a builder that always turns up on time! Well is Dave is that Guy.

Dave is what I would call 'The Builder from Heaven', if you want his number, call me but make sure there is a good supply of strong tea (two sugars) and remember, Friday, 16.30 is Cider time, so have a case cooling in the fridge. Dave is such a fan he even wears a 'Strongbow' T-shirt. That in my book is dedication! Class!

Dave without Cider T-Shirt
After a few Ciders, Dave is a fantastic 'raconteur' and I am sure he will feature in further guests spots. How many times has Dave been to Glastonbury? Well, if you said 10 you would be way out, but if you said 14 times then you are bang on right. By the way Dave has been there with a camper Van lots of these times. heh! Dave I!  bet there are plenty stories to tell, I for one can't wait to hear them.

Dave was holding a party a few years ago and the next day he could not find his 'Story of the Clash' CD. He searched everywhere and as a last resort he asked his daughter Faye if she had seen it. She had it and was raving about this superb track 'Bankrobber'. Would you believe that was Dave's personal favourite too. Thats what I like to hear, Dad and Daughter bonding!! Many thanks Dave and brilliant choice of Track


Have a browse at some of our other guest spots. If you're tempted, look at them for ideas....we'd really like to hear from you....

Related Posts

GUEST SPOT # 43 - The Clash - 'Bankrobber'
4/ 5
Oleh

6 comments

comments
avatar
19 May 2012 at 11:52

A builder with great music taste? It's enough to make me want to pay his travelling costs to my part of the world, where, apparently by law, all tradesmen of any kind must listen to Chris Moyles, Scott Mills et al at an unfeasible volume on the worst transistor radio ever!

Sorry about the rant - you hit a nerve there!

Magnificent selection Dave.

Reply
avatar
19 May 2012 at 14:26

Glastonbury 14 times, that's hardcore, you must have some serious stories to tell. Thanks for bringing a smile to old pa's face with his new kitchen. One thing though, I hope he doesn't give u any of his hideous soup. I love thus track, especially the dub version on Black Market Clash.

Reply
avatar
20 May 2012 at 11:03

I haven't even been to Glastonbury once! Very jealous. Top choice and I can totally understand what it feels like taking your dad's CDs! She must have good taste too!

Reply
avatar
sfw
24 May 2012 at 10:25

A builder who is a music fan? I bet you found it difficult to get anything done!

Reply
avatar
25 February 2013 at 08:01

I can't believe I didn't see this post earlier. I remember owning this record and played it to death, my Dad was responsible for ordering and keeping the jukebox in the NAAFI bar stocked up. When the new records came in he used to bring some of the redundant ones home. This was one of them and it brought back some great memories. Thanks Dave

Reply
avatar
25 February 2013 at 08:51

Thanks London Scouser mate, glad you liked it...if you want new bathroom mate, give us a call..special rates for Clash fans...cheers mate!

Reply