Monday 23 July 2012

TUESDAY BLUES!! Grizzly Bear - Deep Blue Sea

Grizzly Bear - Deep Blue Sea (2007)


Flycasual's recent Track of the week featuring Grizzly Bear ("Sleeping Ure") got me thinking about this track that originally featured on the "Dark Was the Night" compilation cd. It was also used in the trailer for BBC Iraq war drama "Occupation" and I've been a fan ever since.

My wife & I took our parents on a Cruise to the Caribbean a few years back. I'd always said that I'd "never" go on a cruise because I hated the idea of buffet's and the cabaret entertainment! It was however, quite good.  Each morning we'd wake up to find a new island or a amazing view outside the balcony. We'd then spend the day visiting islands in the South Caribbean, such as Greneda, Tobago, St Lucia.  However, a real treat for me was just sitting outside on the balcony, with a glass of vino. We'd stare at the endless horizon,  staring at the turquoise water....   and this was on my iPod.

Check out the Tuesday Blues spotify playlist - go on!




Related Posts

TUESDAY BLUES!! Grizzly Bear - Deep Blue Sea
4/ 5
Oleh

3 comments

comments
avatar
24 July 2012 at 09:56

Nice tune, definately reminds me of some other tune....sitting watching the world go by with glass of vino music playing sounds perfect....like you idea of a cruise is scary...but you got me thinking now...out of somthing bad!!!!

Reply
avatar
24 July 2012 at 10:08

Lovely, nice image. This track goes perfectly with the sunny weather we're having too!

Reply
avatar
28 July 2012 at 15:13

Nice, even the 'Scorpions' whistle towards the end is good. Perfect for a cruise, just wish it was longer....

Reply