Thursday 13 September 2012

DYLAN COVERS #66 Tina Turner - Tonight I'll be staying here with You/He belongs to Me

Tina, Bob and friends, Tina is 2nd from the top left?

Here are two tracks from Tina's first solo album away from the shackles of Ike. It is called 'Tina turns the Country On' (1974) and is long before she shot to super stardom with 'Private Dancer' and 'Whats Love got to do with it' etc. I think both covers are pretty good, I particularly like 'He belongs to Me'. A different way of looking at it I suppose. If you have not seen the film 'Whats's Love got to do with it'. It is simply the best, well not really, but it is worth a watch. 

 
TINA TURNER - Tonight I'll be staying here with You
 
TINA TURNER - He belongs to Me


Related Posts

DYLAN COVERS #66 Tina Turner - Tonight I'll be staying here with You/He belongs to Me
4/ 5
Oleh

2 comments

comments
avatar
Anonymous
14 September 2012 at 07:08

I get the feeling Tina could have been up there with some of the best soul singers but, for me, the 80's ruined her - like they ruined so many other things. These versions are good and funky.

Reply
avatar
14 September 2012 at 17:29

SB - she certainly had the voice,,,the big break thru album I liked.....Private Dancer is a great song

Reply