Tuesday 5 February 2013

TUESDAY BLUES! Chris Smither - What It Might Have Been

Do you like Singer/Songwriters, or do you have a unhealthy affection to the sadness, if so you may have a case of the Tuesday Blues!




Now, what was I going to play?
Chris Smither - What It Might Have Been

As I get older, (not wiser), I've been listening to more and more of the Blues and this certainly has it all. I only discovered Chris Smither last year, when he released his beautiful album Hundred Dollar Valentine and I was struck by both his voice and his flawless guitar playing.  If you play (or have played) guitar, the Blues is the building blocks, the foundation.  It is so simple, yet so very difficult to carry off.  If you lined up fifty guitar players, only a few would be able to play it so soulfully and fewer would be able to sing it.  This guy deserves to be heard.

Now pour me another drink.

Subscribe to the Spotify playlist and read more Tuesday Blues here!

Related Posts

TUESDAY BLUES! Chris Smither - What It Might Have Been
4/ 5
Oleh

5 comments

comments
avatar
5 February 2013 at 08:56

Nice, really great voice....love the 'drumming'

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
6 February 2013 at 08:34

Wish my guitar sounded as warm as that. Oh, he can play, of course! Nice stuff.

Reply
avatar
9 February 2013 at 08:51

I saw Chris live a few times in the late 1990s. He's a magnetic performer who brings a hush to any room he plays in and holds the attention effortlessly. He's also very unassuming and approachable. I haven't heard anything by him in a while and this is just as good as I remember him being.

Reply
avatar
15 February 2013 at 09:51

Nice, thank goodness for Tuesday Blues!

Reply
avatar
17 February 2013 at 16:27

Really love the melody and I get what you mean about the drumming OP! Sounds like the casual clippety clop of a horse mosying along the prairie!

Reply