Wednesday 27 February 2013

WEDNESDAY CLUB - The Twang - Barney Rubble


Today we have something short and sweet with a chorus to die for, a tropical burrowing worm, and a late contender.
WilMa!
 
THE TWANG - Barney Rubble (2009)

I don't know where I heard this track but it was near the end of 2009, it became a late contender for one of my tracks of the year. I just loved this and as for the chorus, well it is just to die for. It is a classic breakup song too. I had never heard of the Twang before and I have never heard any other song from them since. The song came up on a playlist the other day when I heard it again and the same feeling about the song washed over me. I had to play it over and over.

You will probably listen and say what is all the fuss about, it is short sweet and poppy. It reminds me a bit of The Teenage Fan Club. It just goes to show there is no telling when a song is going to hit you, like an arrow through your heart.

It is one of those tunes that for the next few days you wake up and are singing the chorus and humming it all day. It's like some burrowing tropical worm that has got in to your brain.

I am currently checking out more from the Twang.

For more Wednesday Club rubble

Related Posts

WEDNESDAY CLUB - The Twang - Barney Rubble
4/ 5
Oleh

4 comments

comments
avatar
2 March 2013 at 11:39

Ill tell you where you heard it and a few more tracks too....my house! LS and I really liked them and their excellent Brummie accents. Great track and I think it made the cut for my best of too!

Reply
avatar
2 March 2013 at 11:42

You could very well be right...I don't like it now?

Reply
avatar
2 March 2013 at 11:50

That's not nice! For that, I will never listen to Blonde on Blonde!

Reply
avatar
2 March 2013 at 12:23

Only joking 'I want you' to get Blonde on Blonde on Now! or you will be 'stuck inside a mobile with the Mephis Blues again' but 'most likely you will go your way' what can I say you are 'just like a woman' 'I am pledging my time' until you listen to it and after the'fourth time round' you will be hooked. You are a 'sad eyed lady of the lowlands' if you don't listen to it.....

Reply