Tuesday 12 March 2013

TUESDAY BLUES! George Ezra - It's Just My Skin

Do you like Singer/Songwriters, or do you have a unhealthy affection to the sadness, if so you may have a case of the Tuesday Blues!



George Ezra - It's Just My Skin

Last Friday my wife & I spent the evening at the Thekla in Bristol (which is an old cargo ship and a great venue for live music.)  We were there to see/hear the musical talents of BBC sound of 2013 winner, Tom Odell (who by the way was pretty damn good).  My wife had booked it and I was delighted to find out that local lad, George Ezra was one of the support acts.  He's someone I've been keeping tabs on and I was interested to see if I should belive the hype.  We were not disapointed. What a voice! Soulful and emotive, it reminds me of Ray LaMontagne. It was the perfect start to the night and the musical therapy that I needed. 


All aboard Captain


Subscribe to the Spotify playlist and read more Tuesday Blues here!

Related Posts

TUESDAY BLUES! George Ezra - It's Just My Skin
4/ 5
Oleh

2 comments

comments
avatar
12 March 2013 at 10:03

Now there is a coincendence my Post tomorrow features Ray LaMontagne. This is real rouser, just perfect for the big game at the Arms. Come on the Boyos. Tidy!

Reply
avatar
17 March 2013 at 12:22

I can just imagine him alone on stage singing this, I'll bet it was atmospheric. Thanks for the review of the Thekla, so many bands I like have played their and LS and I like a little escape to Bristol every once in a while for a gig.

Reply