Monday 10 June 2013

GUEST SPOT #61 - Oasis - 'Talk Tonight'

We welcome back previous Guest Spotter "Whattalkabout" for another heartfelt musical memory. Has any song hit the spot for you? To submit your own Guest Spot click here, we'd love to hear it!

Oasis - 'Talk Tonight'(1995)

 I saw a picture in the newspaper of this beautiful building and fell in love with it. It was lit up, surrounded by water fountains, and statues and beautifully shaped hedges and I decided I had to see it in real life. Problem was the picture had no caption and I had no idea where it was. A lot of research led me to it. It was in Vienna. Ticket booked for five days. I was happy when I finally found the building, but disappointed that a lot had been covered and boarded up for restoration work. Next time, I reasoned. Five days in Vienna is a long time. I spent many hours in the hotel room, with this song on repeat. Gallagher’s genius song writing at its best: “All your dreams are made of strawberry lemonade…” This song is for A. whom I miss every day. “You and me see how we are.”



Catch up with the rest of our Guest Spots here...

Related Posts

GUEST SPOT #61 - Oasis - 'Talk Tonight'
4/ 5
Oleh

7 comments

comments
avatar
10 June 2013 at 16:33

Nice, classic Oasis...thanks again for the guest spot but what was the building!!!!

Reply
avatar
10 June 2013 at 19:44

I agree with flycasual - what was the building? We're on tenterhooks here!

Reply
avatar
11 June 2013 at 10:49

I wish I could keep you all guessing but I had to know myself and found out....it's the kunthistorisches museum!

Reply
avatar
11 June 2013 at 10:50

By the way, thanks whattalkabout! Love this track too!

Reply
avatar
11 June 2013 at 11:09

I can quite see what caught whattalkabout's eye, it looks like an incredible building.

Reply
avatar
14 June 2013 at 10:52

Oasis at their best I won't ask who A is?

Reply
avatar
whattalkabout
16 June 2013 at 11:52

Can't say who A is..
On the odd occasion it is played on the radio, it never fails to make me cry. I just adore this song

Reply