Wednesday 26 June 2013

WEDNESDAY CLUB - YAZOO - Dont' Go

 Where you never have to leave!
I've been a fan ever since


YAZOO - 'Don't Go' (1982)

Did you see Alison Moet on TV recently, she has a new album out and has she lost weight, she really looks good. Apparently she has got rid of all her possessions and has decided to start afresh. Pretty weird eh!?

'Where's my teddy bear?' 

Seeing her reminded me of a little trip to Palma Majorca in October 1982. I was told by a work colleague about a great Hotel there but when we arrived at the Airport and got a taxi to the Hotel, it was closed. I Should have checked really, shouldn't I. We got the taxi driver to take us to any Hotel and we would sort something better the next day.

We checked in, dumped our bags and then hit the bars. After a pretty good session we headed back and stopped at this bar it had a large screen and was playing actual videos of songs!! And mostly with the original artists! This was amazing and it was the first time I had seen videos like this, it was fantastic. This was long before the days of You Tube and MTV.

One song really hit the spot it was Don't go by Yazoo. needless to say when I returned home I bought up everything I could find by them.

I had my first real Paella and Whiskey Cake on that trip and I have been a fan ever since.

Related Posts

WEDNESDAY CLUB - YAZOO - Dont' Go
4/ 5
Oleh

3 comments

comments
avatar
26 June 2013 at 09:05

That plate of food looks horrific Old Pa, but what a great pop tune! One of those I've never actually owned, but was played so often in the shop at the time, that I know every word of. Good to hear it again. Vince Clarke could certainly knock 'em out. I always loved the 'Never Never' single he made with Fergal Sharkey.

Reply
avatar
26 June 2013 at 10:15

TS - Never never heard that one...will put it right immediately. Would you believe we have Ali Campbell and UB40 playing locally on 8th Aug....better than nothing!!

Reply
avatar
26 June 2013 at 11:06

It's got to be better than Jukebox Legends Bert and Carole!

Reply