Friday 16 January 2015

DYLAN COVERS # 179 Liam Clancy - Farewell / Restless Farewell/ Girl from the North Country


I will tell you of the laughter and of troubles


LIAM CLANCY  - FAREWELL

Here are 3 tracks from the brilliant voice of Liam Clancy. Liam was quite involved with the young Dylan in the early sixties and they often hung out and sang together.  Sandly Liam passed away last in 2009 but leaves a lasting lagacy. I hope you like these 3 Dylan covers. All good as far as I am concerned.

If pushed I would say the Clancy Brothers version of When the Ship Comes in would probably make my top 10.
LIAM CLANCY - Restless Farewell

 
LIAM CLANCY - Girl From the North Country

Related Posts

DYLAN COVERS # 179 Liam Clancy - Farewell / Restless Farewell/ Girl from the North Country
4/ 5
Oleh

2 comments

comments
avatar
16 January 2015 at 13:27

I'm not so keen on the shoutier end of The Clancy's oeuvre, but all three of these ballads are handled very well.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
20 January 2015 at 11:36

I've got a real disliking for much of The Clancy's music due to the over the top 'Oirishness' and fiddly-i-ti but I agree with The Swede, these are pretty good.

Reply