Tuesday 7 July 2015

Josh Rouse - Coat for a Pillow

TUESDAY BLUES

Do you like Singer/Songwriters/Alt-Country/Americana or Indie-Folk, or do you have a unhealthy affection to the sadness, if so you may have a case of the Tuesday Blues!

Josh Rouse - Coat for a pillow (2015)
Josh Rouse is such an underrated songwriter. The Nebraska-born musician has been plugging away for years now and despite gaining a strong fan base, the lack of commercial success must play on the mind (and pocket).  The industry has changed so much that unless you have a loop pedal and adolescence on your side, grafting is the only option.  Rouse recently was quoted that his latest release, The Embers of Time, "..all kind of had this mid-life theme to them. I’m not 25 anymore. The music business and the entertainment business is tough to age in, ’cause you’re not new and not really old and cool. There’s just this desert in the middle you’ve got to get through.”".

If Josh Rouse is having a Mid-life crisis, what chance do I have?!? As someone in my early 40s, it is something that I can relate to and I'm dreading my next career change as time is not my side.  Apart from a lottery win (never tell me the odds), I need to figure it all out or I'll be sleeping on the street.

Related Posts

Josh Rouse - Coat for a Pillow
4/ 5
Oleh

4 comments

comments
avatar
7 July 2015 at 08:48

I agree sfw, Josh is a vastly underrated talent. I hadn't heard anything from the new LP and this is well up to standard.
Good luck with wherever your own next move takes you.

Reply
avatar
sfw
7 July 2015 at 09:47

Thanks Mr Swede. Embers is his best since Nashville - worth a listen

Reply
avatar
7 July 2015 at 09:49

Definitely a standout from the new album. We could all commit career suicide by opening a coffee/record store together.

Reply
avatar
7 July 2015 at 10:04

Sounds like my kinda place flycasual.

Reply