Tuesday 21 March 2017

Merival - Calendar

TUESDAY BLUES

Do you like Singer/Songwriters/Alt-Country/Americana or Indie-Folk, or do you have a unhealthy affection to the sadness, if so you may have a case of the Tuesday Blues!


The sun is in my eyes...

Merival - 'Calendar' (2016)


This great track appeared from nowhere on my Spotify feed (The genius of Algorithm's).  It's by Canadian Singer/Songwriter Merival (Anna Horvarth) and is a rather lovely and appears on her 'Lovers' EP (Available via Bandcamp).   Her bandcamp page states "his album is a collection of songs written about people I loved before the age of 20. the songs were the best way I could find to process my heartbreak and confusion. I hope they can make you feel some feelings."

It is good, good stuff. Like a nice Rioja. Actually, listening to this whilst drinking a Rioja sounds like a good idea. I'm off.

By Sfw

Related Posts

Merival - Calendar
4/ 5
Oleh

3 comments

comments
avatar
21 March 2017 at 13:27

I like the Rioja comparison.

Reply
avatar
sfw
21 March 2017 at 17:13

Mr Swede, I always go for a lighter 12.5% Rioja. That's what I'm having tonight (for research purposes)

Reply
avatar
25 March 2017 at 15:23

Hmmmm I would say it's definitely more Rioja than a Cabernet Sauvignon.

Reply