Tuesday 23 May 2017

Ryan Adams - The Empty Bed

TUESDAY BLUES

Do you like Singer/Songwriters/Alt-Country/Americana or Indie-Folk, or do you have a unhealthy affection to the sadness, if so you may have a case of the Tuesday Blues!


Ryan Adams - The Empty Bed


Ryan Adams - The Empty Bed (2017)


Regular readers will know how much of a fanboy I am of Ryan Adams, but before this turns you off, you must checkout The Empty Bed.

It features on his Prisoners (B-Sides) which was released a few weeks back. You may be shocked that Prisoners (A-Sides) didn't have me purring like one of his cats, but this is magical.  When you consider that the album was written about his divorce from Mandy Moore I was expecting a Heartbreaker type album, but it turned out to be more like Springsteen.  When this popped up as the last track on the b-sides it had me feeling like the end of the Empire Strikes Back.  I'd give it a 10 on the sad-o-meter.

By Sfw

Related Posts

Ryan Adams - The Empty Bed
4/ 5
Oleh

2 comments

comments
avatar
23 May 2017 at 21:40

Yep - this is very good indeed.

Reply
avatar
7 June 2017 at 14:28

A corker of a track and you know how I feel about Ryan Adams. Though I do prefer the track from the 'Top Gun' soundtrack, 'Too Tired to Cry'. Two ques though, does he have any cats and what's wrong with the Boss?

Reply