Saturday 18 June 2011

CLASSIC MOVIE SCENE # 3 - Control - Joy Division - 'Dead Souls'


Being a great Joy Division Fan, I had reservations when this film came out....but I have to say it was so well done and this scene when they play Dead Souls is absolutely amazing...it still brings shivers every time I see it and is up there with my favourite movie scenes of all time.....The track itself shows how great JD were and why they have influenced so many modern bands.  It was first released as part of a limited edition 'Sordide Sentimental' in France and as I used to go to Nice often, I trawled through all the record shops to get it....but with no success.  Sam Riley who plays Ian Curtis is eerily like the great man.

'Someone take these dreams away'

Click here fore more Classic Movie posts.

Related Posts

CLASSIC MOVIE SCENE # 3 - Control - Joy Division - 'Dead Souls'
4/ 5
Oleh