Friday 10 June 2011

WEDNESDAY CLUB - Reason to Believe - Tim Hardin

I love this song but I have to say, the first time I heard it it was by Rod Stewart. The next day I rushed out and bought it and would you believe, the B side was Maggie Mae. Next day, I rushed out and bought the album....'Every Picture Tells a Story' (brilliant) and two of Rod's previous solo abums. My new Access card was quickly reaching its Max! Back to Tim...I was aware of Tim at the time but did not know he had written so many brilliant tunes...'If I were a Carpenter', 'Lady Came From Baltimore'. Check out a 'Best Of'...every ones a winner!

Went out with Ian, an old school friend from Inverness, to the Roundhouse to see Tim in the early 70s. It was just before Tim died and we shared a table with Lemmy from Motorhead for an hour or so (I'm sure he still talks about it now) as Ian used to share a squat with Lemmy. After, I sort of  remember driving home with one eye closed and up over the curb at Eros in Picadilly Circus.....but we were young then!!!

Believe in Wednesday Club!

Related Posts

WEDNESDAY CLUB - Reason to Believe - Tim Hardin
4/ 5
Oleh

3 comments

comments
avatar
10 June 2011 at 22:40

Now that's rock n roll man!

Reply
avatar
sfw
11 June 2011 at 09:07

Good story, Great tune - I'll have to order his "Best of..."

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
1 July 2011 at 13:01

Two superb versions. I, too, first came across this is 1971 on the 'A-side'(!) of 'Maggie May'. I agree that 'Every Picture...' is a fab album, too. Must get me some Tim Hardin one day.

Reply