Tuesday 7 June 2011

TUESDAY BLUES! Villagers - 'To Be Counted Among Men'


I've been recently listening to the "Villagers - Becoming a Jackal" album again, and I just love this track. It's the last song on the album and is sung with such fragility,  is so mesmerizing that it makes you want to pause the world and just listen to the storytelling held within. What a tune!!!! Though for some reason every time that I see the singer (Conor O'Brien), he reminds me of a monk - it must be his hair!!!

"...then she became a slave in ancient athens, she doesn't know quite how it happened...." - brilliant! 


for those who like Damien Rice, Ryan Adams, Bright Eyes

Related Posts

TUESDAY BLUES! Villagers - 'To Be Counted Among Men'
4/ 5
Oleh

1 comments:

comments
avatar
7 June 2011 at 20:10

Enjoyed that one ....that will do for my depresser....the villegers definately need a revisit me thinks

Reply