Saturday 27 August 2011

Usher - 'OMG ft. will.i.am'


Saturday Night Jukebox....
Everyone Has a Guilty Pleasure

Usher means Bidness, or so he thinks


Usher - "OMG ft. will.i.am" (2010)

I've always had a quiet appreciation for Usher. Let's face it, the guy has serious skill on the dance floor. That will always do it for me! Having not fallen in with the big craze of R&B as a teenager, I never understood the hype. This song came through for some reason and I can see what the fuss was about. I love the simplicity of it. The clap from a Casio tone keyboard running all the way through and the irregular beat.



It will always remind me of World Cup South Africa 2010. There were so many novelty football songs out and when this played over the radio, with the chanting, I assumed it was just another one of those! For a while it was just a song I'd hum along to until one day, my company was celebrating the first year of it's merger with another ground handler at Heathrow with a barbecue. We were all given 3 tokens to exchange for free drinks at the bar. The drinkers in my party managed to convince the non drinkers to hand over their tokens in exchange for us buying them soft drinks. Come on, they're cheaper! It was a win-win situation! After one too many wines, I remember going into the main room where the dance floor was and hearing this song satisfyingly loud. The floor had a clearing in the centre and everyone was taking their turn to put their skills on show! Being a sucker for a move or two, I pushed in to watch and saw one of guys in full traditional Ghanaian dress (obviously in high spirits after them getting through to the quarter finals) doing a bit of Usher. It was quite surreal, but great all the same!

OMG!

Want to score more Saturday Night Jukebox goals?

Related Posts

Usher - 'OMG ft. will.i.am'
4/ 5
Oleh

3 comments

comments
avatar
27 August 2011 at 21:23

WTF? This is not really my bag but saying that I did like 'You Remind me'...Oops..LOL!

Reply
avatar
28 August 2011 at 10:06

Of its type its good, just as well Ghana did not make the semi-final

Reply
avatar
31 August 2011 at 17:55

Yes it is a little out of my normal comfort zone, but when I began my Saturday Night Jukebox journey, I stated the criteria was that if it makes me want to sing along or "cut a shape" it has to be included!

Reply