Thursday 15 September 2011

ESG - 'My Love For You'

Recollection Collection......musical memories recalled with affection!





ESG- 'My Love For You' (1981)

When the apes/machines (delete as appropriate) finally take over, musical Indiana Joneses searching through the human detrius will claim this as the musical missing link. Hmm, anyway, it is widely regarded that in NYC, in the early 80's, ESG were that link. Coming through the tail end of disco, through punk and the emergence of hip hop these guys blended all those genres effortlessly. You can see where New York bands like the Rapture or LCD Soundsystem may have have got their influences from. Not to mention the breaks used by B-boys and B-girls and the various samples used by many a Hip Hop artist, ESG transcended all genres. I heard this a couple of years ago and was instantly hooked, great slinky bass and the drumming is immaculate.
ESG...they were 'ill' y'all

ESG - 'My Love For You

More Thursday monkey magic? Yes please!

Thursday I'm in Love...a chance to share some of my favourite tracks!

Related Posts

ESG - 'My Love For You'
4/ 5
Oleh

2 comments

comments
avatar
Anonymous
15 September 2011 at 23:06

Thumbs up! Love ESG.

Reply
avatar
18 September 2011 at 12:42

Love it and as you said great base and drummimg

Reply