Monday 31 October 2011

TUESDAY BLUES! Interpol - 'Narc'

Interpol - Narc (2004)

It's nearly November, which means it's practically baby jesus day - well that's what the shops are trying to make us think - I wish I could afford to take my wife shopping to New York - but I'll have to give her the next best thing - NY bands.....

Like my wife, this got me hooked in first 10 seconds! It's by Interpol and features on their "Antics" album and I think is 'New Yorks-indie-rock-post-punk-suit wearing-joy division sound-a-likes' at their very best.

"...suits you sir!"

With its repetitive guitar hook, off-beat riffs, guitar melodies and climatic verses it knocks me for six every time. If you haven't heard it - you must listen to it 3 times and its spell will capture you forever - I even used it to swoon a lovely lady and it certainly did the trick as she married me!

"You should be in my space, you should be in my life..."

Narc

I couldn't find a official video. but this is good as I never realised how much spock liked the ladies

Related Posts

TUESDAY BLUES! Interpol - 'Narc'
4/ 5
Oleh

3 comments

comments
avatar
31 October 2011 at 19:12

Its strange, I never got into Interpol. I'm not sure why not, because I really loved 'Evil' and I like most Joy Divisionesque bands. Enjoyed this track and will give them another shot.

Reply
avatar
1 November 2011 at 07:57

They have not bettered this Album....but I have to say althought 'Narc' great track 'Evil' just notches it for me

Reply
avatar
1 November 2011 at 14:39

Spock, quite the cad all those aliens birds, phwoar! Good tune pal. You're definitely kicked in the butt by love....get a room!

Reply