Thursday 3 November 2011

THURSDAY I'M IN LOVE! - LSK - 'U'

Thursday I'm in Love....a chance to share some of my favourite songs!



LSK - 'U' (2000)

It may be November, the clocks have gone back but it's time to revolt! Don't pack away your Bermudas, Hawaiian shirts and cocktail umbrellas just yet, let this song help you fight to keep the sunshine in your life just that little bit longer.

I first heard of LSK (Leigh Stephen Kelly) through a track featured on Faithless' 2004 album 'No Roots' and was hooked, buying both his albums. I was quite heavily into him for awhile, I felt he was a really promising British artist with an eclectic mix of Hip Hop, Reggae and Soul, his unique style brought a different take on the dance/urban scene at time. He even claimed on one of his tracks, 'The Takeover', that The Streets had plagiarised his style as he was doing it all first before he unfortunately faded from the scene. But he did some great tunes and the, soul/funk influenced, 'U', from his first album, 'LSK', is probably my favourite with it's soulful Latin percussion and a cool guitar hook throughout giving it a laid back summery feel. What I most love about the song though is how unique it is for not conforming to the usual song structure of verse, chorus, verse and drones along quite nicely to a sweet guitar solo finale.



So freak the family out, mix yourself a strong Caipirinha, get the paddling pool out and sit in the garden while this song washes over you. Just don't expect to sleep in the same bed as the missus later or play bridge with your neighbours ever again. Result!

LSK - 'U'

LSK - 'The Takeover'

Behave yourself, grab a towel and check out some more of my favourites.......Click here!

Related Posts

THURSDAY I'M IN LOVE! - LSK - 'U'
4/ 5
Oleh

4 comments

comments
avatar
sfw
3 November 2011 at 08:48

Never heard this before - would have been perfect on holidays! I'll just have to sit outside on a deckchair, in the rain...in my pants

Reply
avatar
3 November 2011 at 09:14

Really nice track, albums worth a shot me thinks!

Reply
avatar
3 November 2011 at 10:54

U has definitely got that holiday feel! It's not too early to have a margarita is it?

I really liked The Takeover too. Love the cockney cheeky chappy accent, it doesn't get old for me. I would've thought it was The Streets if he didn't say anything!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
4 November 2011 at 21:12

Rather cool. Not heard his stuff before.

Reply