Saturday 28 January 2012

SATURDAY NIGHT JUKEBOX! - Cut Copy - Future/Need You Now

Happy Australia Day to our readers from down under from us at Tune Doctor and here's my slightly belated addition for the celebrations! I was unable to pick my favourite Cut Copy song so blam, you've got two delicious dancy numbers from the Aussie Electro experts!


Cut Copy - 'Future' (2005)

This was the first track of theirs to hit me. Flycasual lent me the album saying I'd like it (I did) but I had it lying around my kitchen for ages before I listened to it. Back in the days before we had a dishwasher, we did it the old fashioned way. However, my husband and I had only been living together for a couple years and hadn't quite mastered the 'wash up as you go along' idea. Every couple of days, we would run out of cutlery or saucepans and look to the ever growing pile in the kitchen sink which started to spread to the counter tops and flip a coin. "Wash or dry?" The only good thing about this was we would catch up on listening to new albums or compilations we'd made. Thanks to that Cut Copy got it's introduction albeit during a monotonous task!

Head and shoulders missed an opportunity





Cut Copy - 'Need You Now' (2011)

This made it to my Top 20 tracks of 2011 and with good reason. It's a fine offering and I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets OMD from it? The video is perfect for the preparations of the 2012 Olympics too!

Cut Copy approve of the new Ikea TROGSTA lights

It has become my ultimate 'driving song' and reminds me of earlier this year on a visit to my mother in law's house down in Bognor on the south coast. It's about an hour and a half drive from us so we put both our 'Best of 2011' on random on the iPod. As we both loved this track we heard it twice, but neither complained or forwarded the track(a true sign of a mutually favourite song). The first time was at the grey and rainy start of our journey and the second later that same evening after finishing a little expedition to Ikea in Southampton. We were driving towards a pretty spectacular sunset with my mother in law in the back seat. I think it was the first time she was quiet(only joking Jan)! If a song can do that, it must be magical!

You know you don't need any more candles, you need more Saturday Night Jukebox!

Related Posts

SATURDAY NIGHT JUKEBOX! - Cut Copy - Future/Need You Now
4/ 5
Oleh

3 comments

comments
avatar
28 January 2012 at 19:58

Future is an amazing song, elements of Human League in there for good measure but what about the bloody video, terrible! But I suppose that's the whole point, if you're gonna sound 80's you got to be 80's. I stupidly never got round to listening to their last album so will get on the case and yes I can hear OMD in there for good measure. But what about the bloody video, terrible! Team Oz official Olympic theme, like you say. Fo sho!

Reply
avatar
28 January 2012 at 21:43

Now I remember you saying I'd like them because they sounded like Human League! The videos are pretty dire, agreed.

Reply
avatar
30 January 2012 at 18:45

This is great stuff yes definately OMD in there somwhere....this is is all part of my alter ego 'Michele Friendly' Maybe Jan was bopping to OMD! but i don't like OMD!

Reply