Saturday 10 March 2012

GUEST SPOT # 37 - Avenged Sevenfold - 'So Far Away'



Avenged Sevenfold - 'So Far Away' (2011)

A big thank you to Steven Duffield who submitted this week's Guest Spot! Steven is a self confessed Muse fanatic, even brandishing a Muse tattoo on his arm. That's dedication! When he's not stalking Matthew Bellamy(only kidding) he dabbles in other rock gems such as Rammstein(check out a post here) and Marylin Manson.

Get with the guy liner

I pick Avenged Sevenfold - So Far Away. Released as the third single for their fifth studio album, 'Nightmare', this is the band's third single released without former drummer "The Rev", who died on December 28, 2009. 
I love this video, because to me it's a celebration of The Rev's life. The song itself has beautiful lyrics, and an amazing guitar solo. It's one of my favourite songs from their 'Nightmare' album.
I was listening to the album in my car, the day it was released. From the first time I heard it, I couldn't stop listening to it.

Song wise if you like this, I would say also try ‘Seize The Day’, ‘Afterlife’ and ‘Fiction’ from the same album.


More Guest Spots? Or how about more RRROCK! with Give Me A Guitar posts!!




RIP 'The Rev'

Related Posts

GUEST SPOT # 37 - Avenged Sevenfold - 'So Far Away'
4/ 5
Oleh

1 comments:

comments
avatar
sfw
10 March 2012 at 12:12

Great song - great band! Met them when they supported the Lostprophets!

Reply