Saturday 7 April 2012

SATURDAY NIGHT JUKEBOX! - Shy FX & UK Apache - 'Original Nuttah'/ The Ganja Kru - 'Super Sharp Shooter'

Shy FX & UK Apache - 'Original Nuttah' (1994)



No this isn't a joke, this was a serious track! I loved this song! Talk about blast from the past! Do you remember when jungle and pirate radio stations were all the rage? I always felt very out of place when my friends were talking about them at school. I was more comfortable with Blur and Oasis then tuning into guys MCing over crackly reception giving 'shout outs' every two minutes. I didn't think I'd get to grips with it until I got a new stereo with an automatic radio station tuner. It was extremely sensitive and the excitement of not only finding a station, but finding one with good drum and bass on it was great. I didn't know much about what was in though, but I soon discovered these 2 classic tracks that epitomise what jungle was all about. Its a mish mash of ragga, drum and bass and serious DJ/MCing.

This one goes out to Shell hunter, yes yes

The Ganja Kru - 'Super Sharp Shooter' (1995)



DJ Zinc, DJ Hype, Pascal and DJ Pups
I think this track has to be my favourite drum and bass song ever. The build up of suspense until the beat drops is excellent and the fact the guy cant the sentence out makes me laugh. Old skool classic! I remember being 13 or 14 and the so called "cool" kids at school thinking they were it listening to this in the back of the football fields, smoking one cigarette between 20 of them. Extremely rolled up skirts, tiny little ties with their shirts hanging out dancing waving their hands out like they were in a club. The image makes me chuckle but I guess I must have wanted to be like them if I was checking out the music. Oh the pressure to be cool! Thanks for these 2 songs anyway!

"did you check out Ice Fm last night? I got a shout out to the St.Marks crew..."


Come on you nuttahs! Tune in to more Saturday Night Jukebox!

Related Posts

SATURDAY NIGHT JUKEBOX! - Shy FX & UK Apache - 'Original Nuttah'/ The Ganja Kru - 'Super Sharp Shooter'
4/ 5
Oleh

5 comments

comments
avatar
7 April 2012 at 21:42

Super Sharp Shooter Shooting ......RUDE!

Reply
avatar
9 April 2012 at 15:29

Jungle passed me by I'm afraid, not really my thang

Reply
avatar
16 April 2019 at 08:42

Your content is really awesome and understandable, thanks for the efforts in this blog. Visit Mutual Fund Wala for Mutual Fund Schemes.
Investment Advisor in Delhi

Reply