Saturday 30 June 2012

SATURDAY NIGHT JUKEBOX! - Dizzie Rascal - 'Holiday'



Dizzie Rascal - 'Holiday' (2009)

Who needs a holiday?! I do! Putting all my belief that we are guaranteed at least a couple of weeks good weather in the UK summer, I didn't book a summer break anywhere this year. Well that was a mistake I soon rectified. With the rubbish nonstop rain and uncertainty of temperature, I thought "to hell with this" and booked a few days in the south of Spain to visit old pa and mother shell hunter. As a ritual, I played this track because it gets me 'in the mood'! Dizzie's clever lyrics have got it right...for me anyway, I drink white wine!


Don't watch my passport photo!

I do remember finishing work a few years back, and was going to Dominican Republic for a 2 week break the following morning. All I had to do was pack and chill out in sensible anticipation as the flight was very early. But no, already bitten by the holiday bug we were in such good spirits playing this song that we thought we'd go for a couple as a reward of getting to this day finally. London Scouser and I met up with Flycasual and had a few modest drinks in the pub. I discovered it was a wine festival and saw they were offering any of the fancy festival wines at the same low cost as the house, including a 100 year old wine. Well it would be rude not to try it! It was lush so I thought I'd make the most of it. Well after Fly went home, I had gone passed the point of no return and we carried on, meeting old pa in our local pub. I don't remember much after a certain point but I do remember waking up to a very early alarm (thank god) and having to rush around packing when I felt so bad I could hardly stand! No idea what I was packing and could quite happily have just cancelled and gone to sleep. Once in the car the holiday playlist started and this came on again. It will always be laced with a warning taunt to not get fried before your holiday. At least wait til you get to the airport!

Have a word darlin'...check out more Saturday Night Jukebox here!

Related Posts

SATURDAY NIGHT JUKEBOX! - Dizzie Rascal - 'Holiday'
4/ 5
Oleh

3 comments

comments
avatar
30 June 2012 at 17:54

Thankfully my few remaining brain cells remember that occasion. Great start to a great holiday. Oh the days of all inclusive with the fridge in your room being stocked up with beer daily. And if you tip well. You get extra, so I tipped well !!!

Reply
avatar
30 June 2012 at 17:55

Oh I forgot to say, a bloody great track. Ok it's commercial, but it's a box ticker for me.

Reply